BAMBOO BALL NECKLACE 40-45cm • 22K GOLD VERMEIL
BACK IN STOCK SOON!
- Wearable in 2 sizes!
- 40cm necklace with a 5cm extension
- 22K Gold Vermeil
- Perfect addition to your necklace layer game
- Handmade in Amsterdam
- Mailbox package
What is Gold Vermeil?
Gold vermeil (pronounced ver-may) is a high-quality form of gold plating in which a thick layer of gold (this must be more than 2.5 microns and is usually between 14k – 22k gold) is coated upon sterling silver 925.
The main difference between vermeil and gold-plated/gold-filled jewelry is that vermeil items have a base made of silver, whereas plated and filled pieces can be made with a variety of metals.
For this reason, vermeil jewelry can be more valuable than comparable gold-plated or gold-filled items made with a cheaper base metal or alloy.
- To prevent tarnishing, wipe gold vermeil jewelry after use. The accumulation of body oils, cosmetics and grime can cause the jewelry to lose its sparkle and to fade.
- Avoid wiping gold vermeil items with coarse fabrics or chemicals as this can strip the gold off. Only use a 100% cotton or microfiber cloth to very softly wipe the item and warm soapy water.
- Never use chemicals to clean gold vermeil jewelry. This refers to makeup, washing liquid and even chlorine from swimming pools. These can discolor the jewelry and strip the gold off.
Clean your jewelry after each wear with a soft cloth.
Please note that water and perfume can shorten the life span.